- Country Monitor's Most Significant New Country
Act of 1998
- Billboard's Top New Country Artist of 1998
- People Magazine's 25 Most Intriguing People of 1998
as Breakthrough Act
- Wide Open Spaces named one of Rolling Stone's 1998 Essential Records
- Entertainment Weekly's
Breakout Acts of 1998
- Us Magazine's "99 Stories of 1999"
- Entertainment Weekly's 1999 Entertainers
of the Year
- Rolling Stone's 1999 Country Artist of the Year
- Billboard's 1999 Top Country Artist
- Us Magazine's 6th "Most Unforgettable Story of 2000" for "Goodbye Earl"
- Top Group or Duo, Live Act, Best Overall Act in the 2000 Country Music
magazine Critic's Poll
- #97 in Entertainment Weekly's 2000 "The 101 Most Powerful People in Entertainment"
- Top Group or Duo of The Year in the 2001 Country Music magazine Critic's Poll
- Album of the Year, Single of the Year ("Long Time Gone"), Group
of the Year, Live Act of the Year and Artist of the Year in the 2002 Country Music magazine Critic's Poll
- Radio & Records magazine 2002 Reader's Choice Award for Country Vocal
Group and Country Album 'Home'
- 2003 Defenders of Democracy Award from The People For The American Way
- #50 in Entertainment Weekly's 2003 "The 101 Most Powerful People in Show Business"
- 2003 France Country Music Award for Best Video (I Believe In Love)
- #36 in In Touch Weekly's Top 50 Stars Of 2003
- BMI Most Performed Country Song of the Year (Landslide)
- Rock The Vote's Patrick Lippert Award
- Best Artist, Best Live Act, and Best Duo, Trio or Group in
the 2003 Country Music Critic's Poll
- #14 on Amazon.com 10th Anniversary Hall Of Fame 2005
- #27 on the 40 Greatest Magazine covers list for the May 2, 2003 Entertainment Weekly
- Time magazine's 2006 100 Most Infuential People
- Best Album, Best Single ("Not Ready To Make Nice"), Best Groups And Duos, and Best Overall Act in the 2006 Country
Music Critics' Poll